Turbo4bio – Energy Efficient Sludge-Free Wastewater Treatment
Turbo4bio stands for ‘Turbo-Reactor for intense Biofilm Production’ and is a highly energy efficient wastewater treatment proprietary technology. It is most suitable for treatment of municipal and low to medium load industrial wastewater, from which it produces a very high quality effluent.
Turbo4bio offers complete Design/Build Solutions to assure you of accurate and quality installations with guaranteed results.
Turbo4bio is the only system invented so far, where the attached bacteria can grow and form a homogeneous saturated biomass film, which serves as an enzyme factory to digest the sludge in the conventional, but more compact, inlet balance- tank, hence the achieved removal of 98% of the suspended growth. The unique design features of the system provide the self-cleaning capability of the T4b-Turbo Reactor against any possible clogging and make it almost maintenance free.
The proprietary design of the Turbo-reactor and the T4b-biocarriers make that an aerobic biofilm develops and deeper inside the media an anoxic biofilm grows. The heterogenic microbial population allows the removal of organic matter and nitrogen. Nitrification by autotrophic bacteria in the layer attached to the carriers wall and de-nitrification by heterotrophic bacteria on the anoxic layer, occur simultaneously.
Different from other Innovative biological wastewater treatment systems? You hear a lot these days about improvements in settling and/or oxygen transfer, but none get as close to the sludge issue as T4b does (even the MBR which is high in CAPEX and fails greatly in too many occasions, with OPEX, has a >10% sludge production) .
– 60% less energy consumption for aeration compared to conventional active sludge (CAS) (*)
– 90% reduction in the amount of excess sludge relative to conventional processes
– Simultaneous nitrification and de-nitrification capabilities
– Modular design – enables gradual implementation and expansion in the future-by addition of standardized T4b-units
– Compact encapsulated system, odorless, suitable for treatment of VOC’s (volatile organic compounds)-containing wastewaters
(*) Conventional treatment of waste water, by contrast, typically consumes around 1.2 kilowatt-hours per kilogram. Confirmed by Prof. W. Verstraete with: “1kg of dirt (dirtload) needs for separation minimum 1 kWh in traditional aeration system”. Turbo4bio ’s comprehensive solution consumes less than 0,45 kWh!
Customers: municipalities, decentralized, remote or developing areas, sewage treatment, extensive treatment upgrades, retrofits
Markets: T4b is a fully modular approach from 30m3/day on and can also be implemented for upgrades/retrofits of older and large plants. Next to municipal waste applications is it also applicable for private developments, resorts, golf courses, rest stops, shopping centers, and water reclamation projects.
Physical Characteristics of the Turbo4bio Process
There are four principal components needed for the system:
- An Inlet Balancing Tank – provides 24 hours (or less) storage of influent for the pretreatment, flow balancing and sludge retention
- The Turbo4bio turbine– this is the biological reactor that carries out the majority of the treatment
- A Final Clarifier – this is used to remove the residual suspended solids to polish the treated effluent and recycles collected sludge back round the system
- Air compressors – these are normally provided in duplicate on a duty/standby arrangement and the air provides the oxygen to the bacteria and provides mixing and pumping of liquors.
- A screen (10 mm) – to be installed upstream of the turbine reactor.
The following cross section shows the preferred installation configuration, with the T4b Turbo Reactor partially sunk into the ground to allow gravity flow through the system and the only pumping required is into the Inlet Balancing Tank
Find more Technical details « Here »
T4b will help with most if not all of Your Project Goals:
– Discharge Compliance
– BOD reduction
– Total Nitrogen Removal
– Reduce Sewer Surcharges
– Water Reuse
– Resource Recovery
– Plant Expansion
– Improve Existing System Performance
– Reduce Operational Costs
– Save Energy
– Reduce Maintenance & Repair
– Save on Land Requirements
– Stop Odors
Request an evaluation, send your project details and/or ask for a quote « Here »